FEEL – FrontEnd (Emulator Launcher)
FEEL is a front-end for videogame emulators, especially designed for usage on a home cabinet, highly customizable, ideal for integrating any emulation system (MAME/MESS, Daphne, Fusion, ZSNes, WinVice, virtually any other).
Its user interface is designed for being controlled by arcade controls (joystick, buttons, spinners, trackballs), and hides Windows completely to the end-user. This makes it perfect to start automatically at Windows boot in an arcade-pc.
- Support for new MESS machines softwarelist structure (MAME/MESS 0.162+) – NEW!
- “On-the-air” update – NEW!
- Support for any MAME version/flavor (fully compatible with 0.162+)
- Support for vertical screens
- Support for LED control panels through SmartASD USB card
- Support for any commandline-controlled emulator
- Damn fast running on almost *any* outdated hardware (a P4 is more than good 😉 )
- Compatibility with all recent versions of Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) 32 and 64 bit
- Platform-organized rom and emulator management (ex.: Arcade, Console, Computer, etc.), emulator (es.: MAME, Daphne, VPinball, etc.) and custom lists (All games, Favorites, etc.)
- Customizable video and audio themes
- Snapshot and videosnaps
- In-game snapshot creation with single button press
- Screensaver with random previews gallery (browse with arrows, current rom selection with a button press)
- List management through arcade customizable commands (preset for usage on JammAsd http://www.arcadeitalia.net/jammasd.html board standard settings), trackball, spinner, with sensitivity calibration through .ini file
- Games automatic ranking (% and score from 0 to 5 stars *****)
- Hi-score display on frontend GUI, via hitotext (available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/hitotext/)
- Configuration files ready for the most famous emulators
- Programmable key remapping (useful to set a specific emu’s exit key to ESC, or manage special commands on retrocomputing emulators, DOSBox, etc.)
- Multiple extensions rom management (es.: .d64 + .t64 + .tap on WinVice) in a single list
- .nms files for games extended names display
- Pre and post emulator commands config (ex: auto-mount .iso files via DaemonTools, etc.)
- USB Mouse, spinner and joystick (analog, digital) support
- PC reboot, shutdown and hybernation directly frontend.